Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Remote desktop connection cannot verify the identity of the computer

If you get the following error: "Remote desktop connection cannot verify the identity of the computer that
you want to connect to. try reconnecting to the windows-based computer or
contatct your administrator."

when trying to connect OS X to a Windows Machine via RDP then do the following:

1) Delete all files in /user/{username}/Documents/RDC Connections
2) Don't fill in the domain text box

for some reason when using the Mac client if the domain text box is filled then the Windows machine at the other end can't authenticate the connection. Seems to be worse with Vista, but I have read of this happening with 2003 also.

3 comments:

Shaun Austin said...

Odd, I always have the domain filled in and have no issues!

prabhat said...

Great subject. I have been playing around with the idea of the comment structure recently.

The popular comment layout is common, so it is easily recognized when scanning to post a comment. If the comment section is in a different format, then I am going to spend more time trying to decipher what everything means.

IT Provider

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read the post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Sincerely yours
Alice Tudes