- 25% faster when copying files locally on the same disk on the same machine
- 45% faster when copying files from a remote non-Windows Vista system to a SP1 system
- 50% faster when copying files from a remote SP1 system to a local SP1 system
Other fixes that interest me are:
- Improves power consumption and battery life.
- Improves the speed of adding and extracting files to and from a compressed (zipped) folder.
- Improves the speed of copying files, folders, and other media.
- Improves startup and resume times when using ReadyBoost
An alternative to downloading the full thing, particularly if you're the sort of user who keeps his machine up-to-date with fixes is to just let Windows Update (Microsoft Update) apply the Service Pack, apparently this weighs in at a much nicer and lightweight 65MB as it is able to detect what fixes have already been installed and will apply the bits that haven't.