Monday, April 28, 2008

Race Results

Steve, Penny, Madison and James before the race
I won't be winning any olympic medals, but I managed to finish in just over an hour. I had issues with my calf muscles leading up to the race so didn't manage as much training as I would have liked but I don't think it would have made much difference. I was reliably told that there was only one hill in the race, which was true, except for the fact that the "hill" was an undulating 8km mass! Anyway, whinging over. It was a lovely day and a well organized event, and the proceeds all went to a worthy cause.

To all of you who sponsored, thank you very much. Your support made the difference and spurred me along up the steepest parts of the hills! The total is up to £140 so far, and the website stays up for another 90 days, for those of you who may have forgotten! (www.justgiving.com/jamessugrue)

Anyway, it's something I will definitely do again (although maybe I'll pick a flatter course next time) and intend on keeping the training up so next time I can break the hour

Made it. Trying to cool off

No comments: